Friday, February 20, 2015

60 Days Without Facebook - Days 15 & 16

February 19 - 20, 2015

Emily woke up SO sick Thursday morning. Her cough just was awful. She, Ben and Mike have been sick on and off for 3 weeks now, so it was time to call in reinforcements. I called Dr. Grimsley and made Mike an appointment, and then placed a call to the pediatrician for Ben and Emily. Mike has a sinus infection, and got something for that and cough. Ben and Emily's pediatrician wanted to see them on Friday, so we just continued on with the homemade cough syrup, which is amazing by the way, and Benadryl.  Even though they were feeling bad they still wanted to go see Grandma, so they went there for a few hours. While they were gone I continued my mission to get the house back in order. I vacuumed and steam mopped the floors in the living room, dining room and back bathroom, did dishes, cleaned the kid's rocking chairs and washed a load of towels. After that I read for a bit and did a couple crossword puzzles. I also...get this...READ A MAGAZINE. LOL  Like an actual hold-in-your-hand print magazine. I think that's the first time I've done that in years. By the time they came home I was pretty tired, but I still managed to throw together a pretty awesome dinner of spaghetti. I took the leftovers and put them in a casserole dish topped with mozzarella cheese, and put it in the fridge to bake for another night. 

Emily had a TERRIBLE night, and I was so glad that she had an appointment scheduled to see the doctor today. Mike seems to be a bit better, but still not up to par. we all had some yummy and unhealthy McDonald's for breakfast, and while the kids played in the late morning I stuffed a couple of artichokes and got them ready for steaming.  I took a nap with Emily since we were both pretty exhausted from lousy sleep the previous night, and when we all woke up it was time to go to the doctor. I swear...my kids LOVE the doctor. I've never known kids that loved the doctor like they do. 
They both have sinus infections, which the doctor said weren't severe. Emily's right ear is infected, which she said looked minor, but was glad we didn't wait any longer to have them seen. She said their original sickness was a viral cold, but it developed into infections in the sinuses and ears.  She also gave Ben a referral to a podiatrist for his big toes.  The toenails grow weird and he always has ingrown toenails.  :/ Ben weighs 30.2 pounds and Emily weighs 27.5.  I'm thrilled with this because it means they can both rear face in their car seats for MUCH longer (until 40 pounds).  

When we got back my dad came for a visit. The kids had fun visiting with him. I busied myself in the kitchen steaming my artichokes (which turned out AMAZING) and roasting some fingerling potatoes. I made the spaghetti bake for Mike. The kids had PB&J, pita chips and greek yogurt for dinner.  We're all getting there, slowly but surely. 

Time for bed, but before I go I just have to mention that we finally watched the first episode of season 5 of The Walking Dead that aired after the winter break and ***spoilers***














I am absolutely crushed that Tyreese died.  I mean...I cried like a bitch. Like. A. Bitch. Ugh.  If I had been alone I would've had heaving sobs.  It was just so unexpected and I just HATE so much that they killed him.  Ugh. That show just keeps breaking my heart.  I keep watching it though. LOL


Tyreese 

No comments:

Post a Comment